Job vacancy: Associate Director, Practice and System Impact - 30th Oct 2019
Permanent, flexible or part time working considered
Location: Central London
Salary dependent upon experience (circa £50-60K budget)
Every year tens of thousands of children are subject to decisions made in the family courts about their future because their parents are separating or are unable to look after them. Such decisions can have a profound, long-term impact on their lives, and those around them.
The newly established Nuffield Family Justice Observatory’s mission is to improve the lives of children and young people by ensuring that decision-making in the family justice system is informed by the best data and research evidence.
This new post will join the Director and small support team to help develop the observatory, devising creative ways to ensure that data and evidence reaches those making decisions that affect the lives of children and family.
The postholder will lead on a wide range of different programmes of work including:
- Overseeing a set of projects to test innovative ways to manage contact with birth relatives post adoption/foster/kinship care and working in partnership with others to implement good practice more widely
- Working with local authorities and judiciary to address the regional differences in the rate of children being taken into care
- Promoting alternatives to the resolution of high conflict private law cases
- Working in partnership with organisations to find better ways of supporting adolescents who are at risk of coming into care
The postholder will establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of other organisations to develop effective collaborative approaches to achieve system and practice change.
You will bring:
- experience of influencing change to improve children and young people’s lives
- a good understanding of the policy and delivery context relating to the family justice system and children and families more widely
- knowledge of effective mechanisms to translate and mobilise knowledge to support professional practice
Please see the full job description for further information. To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining how your experience matches the requirements detailed in the person specification on the job description to email@example.com by the closing deadline of 27 November 2019. Interviews will be held on 10 December 2019.
The Nuffield Foundation is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.