Setting up the Nuffield Family Justice Observatory
The development team is establishing the governance and operating model for the Nuffield FJO ahead of its four-year pilot phase which will begin in spring 2019. This includes:
- Appointing a Governing Board to support the Observatory’s set-up.
- Probable creation of a Stakeholder Advisory Council in England and Wales with members who bring experience and expertise of the family justice system.
- Establishing an Expert Panel of both researchers and practitioners to advise the Nuffield FJO about ensuring that the research, data and knowledge produced meets quality standards, as well as being accessible and relevant.
The development phase is being overseen by an Interim Steering Group:
- Noel Arnold, Director of Legal Practice, Coram Children’s Legal Centre
- Natalie Byrom, Director of Research & Learning, The Legal Education Foundation
- Her Honour Judge Lesley Newton, Designated Family Judge in Manchester
- Matthew Pinnell, Deputy Chief Executive, Cafcass Cymru
- Rob Street, Director of Justice, Nuffield Foundation
- Andrew Webb, former Director of People Services at Stockport, Family Justice Lead for the Association of Directors of Children’s Services, and member of Family Justice Board
- Teresa Williams, Director of Strategy, Cafcass England
The advice and decisions of the Interim Steering Group are reported to the Nuffield Board of Trustees.